International #1 Bestseller
Silver Medalist eLit Book Awards: Social and Environmental Issues
Become a Twitter Pro!"Tweep-e-licious! 158 Twitter Tips & Strategies for Writers, Social Entrepreneurs & Changemakers Who Want to Market Their Business Ethically" by Lynn Serafinn
Search this site…
Browse by Category…
- Do We REALLY Still Need to Talk About Ethical Marketing?
- 5 Ways Being a Public Speaker Can Help Your Ethical Business
- 10 Steps for Turning Your Blog Content into a Book or eBook
- Why Speaker Agreements Are a TERRIBLE Idea
- Blog Visitors – Just HOW Engaged Are Your Top 10%?
- Blog Statistics – A Guide for Small Business Owners (Part 1)
- 10 Ways Technology Can Create and Grow Better Relationships
- Deepening Our Relationships with Clients – An Invitation
- TIP: How to Fix Outlook if It Doesn’t Work With Windows 10
- Should You Start a Membership Site on Your WordPress Blog?
- Money Hype – What You’re Worth vs What Your BUSINESS Needs
- How Our Assumptions Might Be Driving AWAY Our Blog Readers
- How to Get Rid of All Those FAKE Twitter Followers You Bought
- Putting Down Roots – Gardening Tips for the Small Business Owner
- Tip of the Day for Small Businesses: Get It Down in Writing!
- 6 Questions Every Business Owner Should Ask Once a Year – Part 4
- 6 Questions Every Business Owner Should Ask Once a Year – Part 3
- 6 Questions Every Business Owner Should Ask Once a Year – Part 2
- How to Protect a Catchphrase
- 6 Questions Every Business Owner Should Ask Once a Year – Part 1
Tag Cloud7 deadly sins 7 graces 7 Graces Project 7 Key Relationships advertising blogging blogging tips business business ethics Business relationships business success business tips change the world Collaboration Communication Connection customer relations deception ethical ethical business ethical marketing ethics ethics in marketing how to Inspiration Internet marketing invasion invitation Lynn Serafinn marketing marketing ethics marketing tips Nancy Goodyear new paradigm relationship with audience Scarcity social change social enterprise social entrepreneur social media social responsibility tips Tweep-e-licious Twitter WordPress
Lynn on Twitter
Monthly Archives: February 2014
Sue Ellam explores the damage you can do to your business unless you diligently follow ethical practices and treat your clients as your first priority. I have noticed that clients appear to have been relegated to ‘nuisance’ status in some … Continue reading
Emotions have been banished from business, and yet we all have them. Cindy Barnes explores how understanding emotions at work can create stronger companies. How do we deal with the thorny issue of emotions in business? When I was writing … Continue reading